It is through the heart that we heal
The fourth chakra, also known as the heart chakra, is about our relationship with our self and loving others.The heart chakra is the middle chakra on the 7 chakra system. It is the place that connects the body chakra centers (1-3) to the spiritual chakra centers (5-7) and it is the place where all healing originates. The heart chakra is where we carry our beliefs about love and relationships, about giving and receiving love. This chakra also controls our openness to life as well as our will in the outside world.
Here's the breakdown on what the fourth chakra governs on the physical, psychological and spiritual levels. First though, where to find it - the fourth chakra is located in the center of your chest.
Physical level: It governs the thymus, heart, circulation, chest, lungs and balance.
Psychological level: When this chakra is balanced we can feel compassion for ourselves and others.
Spiritual: This governs our ability to have unconditional acceptance for ourselves and others. It also mediates between the world of spirit and matter.
If your heart chakra is off you may experience the following:
- Shallow breathing
- Anxiety especially in your chest
- Grief; inability to feel or overwhelmed by feeling
- High Blood Pressure
- Fear of loneliness
- Fear of commitment
- Resentment towards others
- Burnout at work or in your relationship
Some suggestions for soothing heart burn and bringing your chakra back into balance:
- Experience green / pink light emanating out from your fourth chakra
- To open your heart quickly; look at a picture of your dog, child or a loved one who brings a smile to your face. You can use this to help you with making choices from the heart.
- Yoga poses: downward facing dog, low lunge, high lunge, camel pose, bridge and corpse
- Breath of fire
- Affirmations: I accept pain is a part of my growth. I love myself and all I am. I am grateful for all the love that is in my life. My heart opens with love for all beings.
- Place hand on 4th chakra and envision a clearing of any gunk between you and those you love and those you have a hard time loving
- Essential oils; bergamont, rose, lavender, melissa, basil and frankincense.
I found this video and feel like the man speaking really is expressing what the heart understands. Even when we have experienced loss and heartache we can still find happiness.
Bringing our fourth chakra into balance will bring the sense of knowing what you need to bring in healing. Here’s to being you in your most powerful form.
If your heart is in need of some repair, come on in for a healing.